The origin of country music
auuV
2007-07-14 22:38:01 UTC
Not many people know the true story.

During the "chiley" cook-offs, some artistes didnt pander to the crowds
desire for speedy, showy cooking. In fact, the process of chopping the
veg, frying, adding the other ingredients, getting the spices in,
simmering until perfect, could take 5 hours or more.

This was not considered great spectator sport, although the judges and
audience members had to admit that the end fully justified the means.

A knotty problem was finally solved when one of those slow-cooking
champs picked up a guitar that had been left around and, strumming
gently, started to sing about this and that, basing the songs on people,
animals and things that could be seen around the county fair. The
additional entertainment kept the crowd and judges occupied while they
waited for the completion of the chilial culinary masterpiece.

The rest is...
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
Don Stockbauer
2007-07-15 04:03:54 UTC
Post by auuV
[...]
The origins of country music range far outside county fairs and chile
cookoffs.
auuV
2007-07-15 09:13:35 UTC
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 21:03:54 -0700, Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by auuV
[...]
Note to self: Dont give up the humour writing class yet.
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
Don Stockbauer
No, I wooden if I were you. You're progressing very well!
Don Stockbauer
2007-07-15 12:51:08 UTC
I'm so very sari. Upon reaidng the piece on cuntry muzak I wuz unner
the impressario that it wuz maye like a piec ewe had found and had
forwared what like maybe wuz satriical yet maybe the original authur
maybe thought he/she wuz parlaying correct meems but upon my reading
it i thoguht maybe it wuz meant to be Sirius butt then again maybe it
wuz satirical butt in any case how naive of me to treat it like it was
a article proffered as fact and owl crank up my sophistication lever a
lickel here and i promise margerine it'll never hoppen again never jes
like there wont never be another iraq. donkey shame.
auuV
2007-07-15 18:37:45 UTC
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 05:51:08 -0700, Don Stockbauer
Post by Don Stockbauer
I'm so very sari. Upon reaidng the piece on cuntry muzak I wuz unner
the impressario that it wuz maye like a piec ewe had found and had
forwared what like maybe wuz satriical yet maybe the original authur
maybe thought he/she wuz parlaying correct meems but upon my reading
it i thoguht maybe it wuz meant to be Sirius butt then again maybe it
wuz satirical butt in any case how naive of me to treat it like it was
a article proffered as fact and owl crank up my sophistication lever a
lickel here and i promise margerine it'll never hoppen again never jes
like there wont never be another iraq. donkey shame.
No worries. Its the risk I run if I write straight-faced, no
signalling.
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
Don Stockbauer
2007-07-15 21:01:31 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
I'm so very sari. Upon reaidng the piece on cuntry muzak I wuz unner
the impressario that it wuz maye like a piec ewe had found and had
forwared what like maybe wuz satriical yet maybe the original authur
maybe thought he/she wuz parlaying correct meems but upon my reading
it i thoguht maybe it wuz meant to be Sirius butt then again maybe it
wuz satirical butt in any case how naive of me to treat it like it was
a article proffered as fact and owl crank up my sophistication lever a
lickel here and i promise margerine it'll never hoppen again never jes
like there wont never be another iraq. donkey shame.
No worries. Its the risk I run if I write straight-faced, no
signalling.
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
Innit like that with all life? Trying to interpret people's output.
Ewe just do your best. Sometime ewe Nguyen, sometimes you lose, and
sometimes ewe choose between the two. Butt jes imagine how much worse
it will be for someone reading these archives in say several hundred
years, or worse yet, trying to extract subtleties from space alien
civilizations obtained via SETI.
auuV
2007-07-15 23:05:36 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
[...]
Thats for sure. :|
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
Don Stockbauer
2007-07-16 13:08:37 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
[...]
Well, I'm not totally sure about that he said, struggling to find a
way to object. Purr-haps in the futuar we'll invent universal
knowledge/translator machines that would interpret several hundred
year old archives (or even billion year old archives as in Arthur C.
Clarke's "City and the Stars" where lickel Alvin lives in Diaspar and
consults the archives to try to find a way out) or space alien
transmissions and carburetors lickety -split! It could happen (Judy
Tenuda).
auuV
2007-07-16 22:34:12 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
[...]
That would be excellent.

And there is plenty of practice to be had, in learning to understand
knowledge, language and customs here on Earth.
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
Don Stockbauer
2007-07-17 02:41:35 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
[...]
(In my best redneck:)

Ah heared thet!

auuV
2007-07-15 18:06:48 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by auuV
[...]
<bows>
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
DiGGr

Not to piss on your fire or anything. :D
Don Stockbauer
2007-07-15 16:48:01 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by auuV
[...]
eye agin am so sari eye had knot the sew fist tea Kay shun to spot
urine story as creative rye ting an owl endeavour 2 dew better in the
foo chur an not reveal my lack of purr sept shun.
auuV
2007-07-15 18:39:18 UTC
Post by Don Stockbauer
Post by auuV
[...]
<tee hee>
Post by DiGGr
Not to piss on your fire or anything. :D
<bows>

Actually, Im pictuaring the candy floss-off now. For some reason, the
audience is all PUPPIES!
--
The mutants creeps and musclemen
Are shaking like a leaf
auuV
2007-07-15 23:09:49 UTC
Post by auuV
Post by DiGGr
Not to piss on your fire or anything. :D
<bows>
Actually, Im pictuaring the candy floss-off now. For some reason, the
audience is all PUPPIES!
Like this, except with candy floss instead of ducks:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/squeakywheel/811397929/